Friday, January 9, 2015

A three letter word


Every year instead of following the tradition of laying down a list of new year's resolutions, I choose a word.
 I find for me I tend to pile on too much into these lists of things I want to do. I get overwhelmed and just move on. I get bored quickly, as my mind is always in overdrive.
 So for the past few years I assign myself a word, just the single word as my focus. No matter what else the list may hold.
 I found this to be the most freeing thing I have ever done.  It also helps me to remain focused on the things I really want to do.
 I do make lists, a plan for the year,business, home and personal. Short term lists. Things I can cross off quickly as completed.
 The list of words I have used in the past few years are
SIMPLIFY
PURGE
ORGANIZE

These words are very simple and I am sure you get the point from each one.
This year my word is


                                                                    JOY!


 I want my eyes to focus on the utter Joy of this life! Life can be hard and bitter as the winter chill, but your eyes don't have to focus on it.
 I choose Happiness and Joy. I know there isn't a magic pill that will make every moment in my life happy. I am not naive. I know that spit happens and sometimes comes in the forms of storms. This is just part of the roller coaster of life. That doesn't mean that I won't have bad days and want to pull the covers over my head and the day that brought the storm. It simply means that I choose to find the joy in everyday I possibly can.

 There is joy to be found if you choose to look past the spit storm. Grab a rag and wipe that up!

The picture you see above is of a simple joy in my life. That iron was my great grandmothers, The scissors were my Mother's first pair of sewing scissors, the buttons were her Mother's and the metal number 3 represents my three miracles. My Children.  It really is the little things.
Hope you find some joy this week.
~Pea

                                               

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I have to say, I love the iron.
So special that you have object from you family's past

PEA said...

Thank you Tracy. I love both of them that I have. Very precious.
Hugs, Pea