Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Season of Change

 About this time of year, every year I start to feel what I call a itch. Not a itch actually but something that ya just have to do. A urge, a feeling, a push or maybe even a pull. Just a feeling I guess. I start to get a nesting urge and want to freshen the old homestead with a deep PURGE! LOL Organize, deep clean, paint and burn it down and start over. God forbid on that last part but maybe ya know what I mean?

 I have been working on my studio for 4 years now and it still isn't the way that I want it!?! Crazy I know but true. I get a good start in January and then the creative bug or the I design team projects kinda stop the process. This year I have those obligations again but I think I may have a plan in motion that might help to keep things on track.
I purchased a Day Runner for my creative endeavors and I hope that it will help to keep me on track. A task or two each day as a "TO DO LIST" might help.
 I have already started with some of the things I needed and wanted to do.
I asked for a christmas present to help out and hubby got it for me and gave it to me early.
This little cart will hold all my 6 x 6 paper pads except holiday themed and some of the stamps I like to color. I have some I haven't inked yet. So I will place them in the cart to be used first.

 I am also reorganizing some dies. For my banner dies I picked up this.
I have dies on both sides of this metal memo board from Joann's. I actually bought two. They have a larger one for the wall and I may end up getting that if I expand my collection as this is plum full. I honestly don't know if I will buy more? Ya never know? I have punches too. They work.

I have been converting all my stamps over to cd sleeves for days. I will post that to facebook tomorrow. I have gotten rid of the cd cases and the plastic book cases as well as the Stampin' Up DVD cases. I still have the book cases that are large and have pages to flip in them like Amy R has but I really do like the file system best. After having my stamps stored in so many types of organization. I know I use them  more in that form.

I know my room won't really be done for a long time. Not with the list of things I want to do. Closets, flooring, lights etc. But a little at a time. For NOW I just want it semi done and functional. It won't be the prettiest but if it works that really is the bottom line for me.
 So for now that is what I am working on. I do a little everyday. It takes time and I feel like I am running out! Crazy I know, but I want it done by my birthday. So I can mark it off my list.
 Okay, gonna hit the hay early tonight. I have housework and wrapping to do tomorrow.
 Blessings,Pea


3 comments:

Tracy said...

You are really on a roll with your re-organizing !!!
I want/need to re-organize my craft room as well, but more for me to just be able to walk in there, teehee.

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Sandy said...

i heart that cart ... it'd look fantastic in my new bedroom (project: makeover)!!
Hugs & faerie dust!