Monday, October 24, 2016

Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue

 Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Now this may make you wonder what one earth. Pea, you are already married. Yes, happily for 35 years this November.

 This phrase is in relation to my work. Sometimes a phrase, a picture, something small like a old key will pop into my head. They are random and seem silly to most but I understand that they are whispers.
 Something old... well that could mean a host of things. Like  a old iron, a book or just about anything aged and grubby.
 
Something new, well most often for me that is fabric. LOL or in this case floss.
Something borrowed. Now this one is tricky. I don't want to borrow from anyone! I prefer to pull from my own stash but who is to say that I can't borrow from myself and creations from my past. Something like this perhaps has me thinking. He is a sweet little fellow. I  have a idea how to make one similar with just a few changes. Should be fun right?

 Now on to something blue. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Well this Midnight is calling blue has been haunting me. I see it everyday and I just have to do something with it. It is screaming to be stitched.
The tones in this piece are just fabulous and I keep going back to it. Like winters midnight. Cool and crisp, with just a touch of moonlight to show it all off. Pure inspiration for me. Nothing makes me happier.
With that, I bid you a goodnight. Stitches are calling.

Make a happy memory~Pea


No comments: