Friday, February 11, 2011

Simple things can be the best


They can bring you such joy and you don't even realize most days.
Today was a wonderful day. I got to spend helping a friend and yet I think she ended up helping me more then I helped her.
My Friend Mel has a a 19 yr old daughter that has a spinal tumor. It has grown through her spinal cord and is causing all kinds of problems. Pain is the biggest.
Mel decided to have a fund raiser to help raise money for a trip to see a great Doctor in Maryland at the Mayo clinic. No one else will attempt this surgery. We are praying for a miracle.
Today we set up the tables, made signs and such with the cricket. It was so much fun. I learned a lot from Mel. The funny thing is she has never been the crafty type and now she is creating away. LOL I love IT!
Tomorrow is the big event. Spaghetti dinner, and a auction. My Mom was ever so kind as to donate 3 paintings. That made me feel good. They take a lot of time.
I will be taking my camera and filling you all in. I am number one spaghetti server. LOL
I leave you with a happy picture. One of my Daddy's sunflowers. They were sometimes as big around as a small garbage can lid. He loved birds and yellow. I am going to try and have a few of these this year. They don't like the rain but we shall see.
Have a wonderful weekend.
P~

4 comments:

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Pea !

Love the sunny sunflower photo ! Boy, that brightens up the day !

I will pray for your friend's daughter. The Lord can heal and work miracles !

Mmm, spaghetti sounds good right now !

Have a happy weekend !

Hugs,
Linda

Tracy said...

Beautiful sunflower.
So sweet of you to help a friend in need. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, as you are such a caring person.
Enjoy the spaghetti :)

PEA said...

Thank You Linda,
Yes, the sunflowers brightens up the cold a bit.
The prayers are appreciated.
Hugs,Pea

PEA said...

Thank you Tracy,
that comment left a smile on my face.
How sweet of you and I feel the same about you.
Big hugs,Pea